Rewriting The Rule Book. Contact Centre Priorities Are Changing!
“The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence – it is to act with yesterday’s logic” – Peter Drucker
Mimi is a highly experienced Contact Centre Manager who works for a medium sized business. She manages a multi-channel contact centre, including voice, webchat, email and social media interactions and absolutely loves her job. She cares passionately about providing excellent customer service and she’ll do whatever it takes to support her contact centre agents in doing this.
Mimi’s world changed. She had to virtualise her Contact Centre overnight and respond to an unprecedented spike in customer demand.
A few months ago, Mimi had to change to a virtual contact centre overnight. She ended up diverting calls and moving agents to work from home. She found herself in her apartment managing the contact centre and overseeing her team remotely. Mimi’s world changed from being able to walk around and talk to her team to manage customer interactions, to sitting in front of a screen showing information from multiple systems:
- A dashboard displaying what’s happening on the phones
- A shared inbox showing email traffic
- Social media management suite keeping her up to date on Facebook and twitter activity
- A live chat platform to monitor webchat.
Ultimately, Mimi had one hand tied behind her back. It was nearly impossible for Mimi to manage service levels and offer the support her agents needed to deliver a seamless customer experience.
The challenges that Mimi was dealing with was putting pressure on her team and the business:
- Siloed systems with different interfaces
- No real time reporting on all communication channels
- No visibility on agent productivity and workloads
- Increase in call demand and long wait times
- Reduced workforce
- Potential damage to brand reputation through social media posts
- Lack of support for her agents.
It was a stressful time for Mimi and the business, but now things have calmed down, it’s time to take stock. Mimi’s Senior leadership team are now reviewing the last couple of months, looking at lessons learnt and assessing next steps. Mimi’s experiences have given them valuable insight into what they should consider, to avoid being in the same situation again.
So What’s on Mimi’s wish list?
- A solution to allow agents to log in and work from anywhere at any time
- The ability for all agents to manage multiple customer interactions across all channels with a single interface
- Self-service option to handle routine FAQs, freeing agents to handle complex enquiries and calls from the more vulnerable customers
- Real time visibility and historical reports across all channels in any location.
We know that the future of work and the contact centre looks very different. Legacy infrastructure and traditional disaster recovery models are no longer fit for purpose. Whether you are adapting to socially distanced contact centres, remote working, hybrid working or adopting split offices, we can help contact centre’s like Mimi’s and yours.
You don’t have to change everything all at once. Cirrus offers a flexible, modular approach that allows you to adapt as your needs and your customer preferences evolve.
- Is geographically agnostic – having a cloud-based solution enables agents to work seamlessly from any location, so you can react quickly to meet demand
- Is available as an overlay – a modular approach means no rip and replace. Take the channels you need now, whether that be SMS, WhatsApp, Voice, Webchat etc.
- Real time and historical reporting – Supervisors are able to to see how different channels and agents are performing from any location
- Holistic, 365 degree view of your customer conversations – a universal queue where all channels meet in a single view to the agents, via any channel to deliver outstanding customer service
- Integrates easily with other systems – our Open APIs mean we can plugin to your existing systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce CRM.
If you’d like to discuss how our solutions can help you now, and be ready for your customers’ needs in the future, Talk to Us or Request a Demo.