Cirrus Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Cirrus recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating beyond its business responsibility and its compliance obligations relating to the provision of contact centre as a service and telecommunication solutions. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
The Cirrus General Manager is responsible for ensuring that the sustainability policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements, to protect the environment and to continually improve the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be considered when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Top management demonstrates leadership and commitment with respect to the Environmental Management System by:
a) Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System
b) Ensuring that the Environmental Policy and Environmental Objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the Organisation
c) Ensuring the integration of the Environmental Management System requirements into the Organisation’s business processes
d) Ensuring that the resources needed for the Environmental Management System are available
e) Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements
f) Ensuring that the Environmental Management System achieves its intended outcomes
g) Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system
h) Promoting continual improvement
i) Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, partners, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to interested parties. This policy is reviewed annually in accordance with the Organisation’s Audit Schedule or at such earlier time as operational requirements demand, in order to ensure its continuing suitability.