Team: Support Desk within Customer Operations Function
Location: Hybrid: Office & Home based
Role Profile (The purpose of the role)
- Responding to support escalations and 3rd line remediation (including being the technical lead for the Cirrus solutions).
- Providing expert technical assistance and a high level of customer focused support.
- Providing a high level of mentoring and support to other members of the technical team
- Including training and induction of new members.
- This is a high-level role within our technical Support Desk team that will see you acting as a “go to” person, dealing with complex technical designs and escalations.
- Providing high level support to Cirrus’ customers, partners and colleagues though all aspects of service provision.
The Scope of The Role
Direct Reports: This Role has no Direct Reports
Reports to: Support Desk Manager
- Responsibilities of the Role
- Progressing any non-routine customer issue/ticket.
- Managing the lifecycle of ticket in accordance with SLAs.
- Ensuring the majority of customer/partner responses and contact are by voice, using email when voice is impractical or an unavailable option.
- Ensure KPIs, service level agreements and operational level agreements are achieved.
- Ownership and progression of incidents, including liaison with third party technical teams to a deep level of triage and investigation.
- Liaising with supplier and team manager in the development of the team and its processes in support of the best resolution approach and performance of any issue logged with Cirrus.
- Act as an escalation point for our 1st and 2nd line team members.
- Coaching and mentoring the 1st and 2nd line team members in their own ticket progression and learning.
- Continuously updating FAQ/knowledgebase with latest learnings.
- Supporting the Team manager in the review and development of the core processes/ documented guidelines and the delivery of team performance against agreed KPIs.
- P1 / incident oversight and input into Lessons Learned.
- Active Escalation management and feedback on RCA and appropriate changes to team approach and supplier engagement.
- Provide route into the service team for Project Handover from PMO team and, with Support Desk Manager, provide bridge for customers as the move into BAU.
Success Measures (What success looks like in this role)
- FAQ development and use.
- Contribution to team coaching and KPIs with the Team Manager.
- Demonstrable project and product handover into the Support Desk team BAU process and staff.
- Incident metrics and actions in place to change/enhance BAU approach.
- Customer focussed resolution of escalated and technically complex tickets.
- Continuously updates FAQ/knowledgebase with latest learnings.
- At least 3 years in a 3rd line software support role, predominantly consisting of supporting and troubleshooting escalated or technically complex incidents.
- A strong depth of experience in the IT and/or Telecoms industry and an understanding of the Contact Centre/ CCaaS arena.
- Demonstrable success in managing complex issues and in communicating to various levels in support of progressing and resolving said issues.
- Experience in delivering customer services in a Channel environment.
- Highly IT proficient in core Microsoft 365 products, CCAAS/SaaS solutions and SIP trunk technology.
- Previous use of Salesforce would be advantageous.
- Strong and confident coach, communicator, and team player, with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Confident in engaging customers, partners and colleagues on difficult subjects and in difficult situations.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to “think on your feet” and effectively problem-solve.
- An analytical and methodical approach to issue resolution.
- Understanding Cloud based technologies – AWS, Office 365.
- Packet level troubleshooting experience with tools such as Wireshark.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- commitment to work to tight deadlines
- a drive and ability to manage, and contribute to, multiple incidents/service tickets.
- Pragmatic and methodical problem-solving skills.
- Dedication to delivering excellent customer service and intelligent solutions.
- A “can-do” attitude, the willingness to go the extra mile and strong communication skills.
- The ability to lead/motivate others and work under pressure with plenty of initiative will all be key.
Qualifications and Requirements
- There are no formal qualification requirements for this role.
- Native or fluent spoken and written English is essential for the role.
- Previous use of Salesforce would be advantageous.
- As part of this role, you may be required to go through enhanced background checks. It will be essential for you to cooperate fully with the application process to obtain future DBS and BPSS, or other enhanced background checks as required.
- The Company is required by law and other regulations to comply with data protection and confidentiality and best practice information security governance.
- It is therefore your responsibility to maintain Company and client confidentiality at all times. You must not disclose any secrets or other information of a confidential nature relating to the Company or its business, or in respect of any obligation of confidence which the company owes to any third party, during or after your employment expect in the proper course of employment or as required by law.
- It is your responsibility to understand our Information Security Policy in full and to implement any further developments as required.
- It is your responsibility to observe and be compliant with all additional regulations in the Employee Handbook.